Friday, September 4, 2009

a bleeding heart, part 7

"What? Oh, Brayden! Your insufferable!"

Lilly replied, in a playful manner of course, as she pushed him playfully on the chest. It was typical of him to notice that part of what she said and not the important part. Actually it was typical of Brayden to be playful and always find some silly way to cheer her up. His little comment had even made her laugh a little. He could be such a clown sometimes. It was probably what she liked most about him apart from his jaw dropping good looks. He always managed to make her laugh no matter what her mood was. Lilly was actually smiling for the first time since she found out about Brett's sordid... disgusting... heartbreaking... She sighed at that point. She hadn't smiled since she found out about Brett with another girl. He didn't even have the decency to break up with her. She had to leave him. Technically, if she had done nothing, Brett would have been dating two women at the same time. He probably wouldn't have done anything anyway.

"I know Brayden. I don't want you to be a replacement either. I wish you had told me this when I was over Christian, and before I got with Brett. Then I wouldn't have to feel this heartbroken right now, and I'd be with you. I'd probably be happy. Next time I think the father of an ex could be the one hit me. I never want to feel this ever again."

Lilly spoke, her gaze leaving his face to glance at the floor. All she wanted was to be with Brayden, and fall asleep in his arms. However as they had both said she didn't want Brayden to end up being a replacement, or the possibility of one, or a rebound. Lilly was pretty sure she wouldn't use Brayden like that but it was best if there was no opportunity too. Maybe they should be friends for another week or two. She could use the time to get over Brett. She could also use it to flirt and kiss other guys - just to get that part of the moving on process out of her system. That way after a week or two if Brayden and her got together after that point she'd know for sure that there was genuine feelings between them and she wouldn't have any chance of hurting him. That was the very last thing she wanted to do. Would Brayden wait though? She hoped so. So badly.

"Maybe we should wait a week or two for me to get over Brett. Once that time is up we'll know for sure I'm over him and you won't get hurt. That is... if you want to wait for me, and trust me, I completely understand if you don't."

She wasn't anything special after all. Brayden, as she said, could have any woman he wanted. Even the unobtainable. Why he would wait for her god only knows. Lilly squeezed his hands softly. Although she had stopped crying for a moment her face was still stained - and soaking wet - with tears. Sliding a hand into his trousers pocket she pulled out a tissue, which he always seemed to have on him, and began drying her face as best as possible. She looked a complete state, and right now she wished she wasn't. If she could make him think she had been wearing something draw dropping for this entire evening then she would have done it. He had seen her now and she would have to live with this as being his first visual impression of her. Lifting her head she gazed up into his eyes a wierd question fluttering into her pretty blonde head.

"Do... do you think I could just have one kiss for the road though?"

No comments:

Post a Comment